- All works must be complete, we will not accept works in progress under any circumstances.
The Next Generation, 25 Years of Fan Fiction!
- Ideally I would like to publish 25 pieces of fan fiction but we have to limit each issue...
- One major work, up to novella size 17,500 words
- Two short stories under 7,500 words
- At least four flash fiction between 300 – 1,000 words
Adult Trek Anthology
- Submissions are limited to 10,000 words or less
- Several short stories under 7,500 words (the final figure will depend upon the submissions received)
- At least four flash fiction between 300 – 1,000 words (this number may change depending upon submissions received)
- It is the author's responsibility to submit their work with correct grammar, spelling (British or American spellings are fine, but be consistent within your own work) and punctuation. See the Chicago Manual of Style for more information: http://www.chicagomanualofstyle.org/home.html.
- Traditional or modern
ArtworkCover art. In general, each issue will only have color artwork on the front and back cover and the inside front and back cover. We are looking for a color artwork for the cover specially made for us and in return we will give you the inside back cover to display a collage of your Star Trek artwork with a bio and website URL prominently displayed. This is a fanzine, so no professionals unfortunately.
Interior artwork. Ideally there should be a title page graphic for every story. This can be pencil, ink, wash, artistic photoshopping, renderings, etc. Incidental artwork, such as can be used for transitions or to introduce internal works, is greatly appreciated.
A cover page template will be sent to artists to design their cover art for full bleed and an internal page template for page illustration art. Refer to the last issue of Personal Logs for examples of previous artwork.
Comics and cartoons may be as large as 6 - 10 pages or as small as a single panel cartoon - these are even more welcome as they create visual appeal.
All artists will be given full credit for their original works.
FormattingEvery publication we put out is carefully designed to showcase the work of the contributing writers and artists. Choice, size and style of font is the responsibility of the editorial staff, and our selection is final although we will take input.
What we want from you
- Ship names should be placed in italics, e. g. ISS Defiant or NX-01
- Scene separators should look like this : =/\= and are centered.
- Dream sequences, Log entries, etc will be formatted as indented italics.
- We require a word processor file copy of your story in Word Perfect, MSWord or (preferably) OpenOffice .doc format that is formatted the way you would prefer it to appear and that has been edited for writing style, spelling and grammar.
- Email submissions by going to https://groups.google.com/forum/?fromgroups#!forum/tu-publishing and requesting the editor's email address. This is done in order to prevent spamming.
What we DON'T want from you
- Do not indent paragraphs – show paragraph breaks with a blank line between paragraphs
- Do not place more than one space between the end of one sentence and the start of the next one.
- Do not send us links to your stories. Those will not be accepted. You must send us a document.